• Rudy Giuliani for President 2008

    Well, the days of a Bush in the White house are coming to a close - unless Jeb decides to play his hand. Hopefully he won't, though. I think the entire American nation agrees that there needs to be some change.


    Now during the race for Congress and the Senate, I was pretty keen on getting some democrats in there. The Republicans absolutely dominated the political circus for far too long and we needed some contrast and conflict to keep things real.

    Fortunately, if the Democrat/Republican balance is going to be preserved, the Republicans have two pretty good candidates running for the presidency. John McCain is considered a bit of a Republican maverick and although, at 72, he'd be the oldest US President in History I know for a fact that some septuagenarians are sharper than the average 29 year old.

    My favourite has to be Rudy Giuliani, though.

    After Hillary Clinton, Rudy Giuliani is the most famous candidate for the 2008 Presidency. He's known as "America's Mayor" for his amazing leadership during 9/11 and for transforming New York City into the shining beacon it is today.

    What I like about Rudy is the fact that he's an individual, not just a 'Republican.' In fact, Rudy started his political career as a member of the Democrats.

    Rudy's political beliefs fit neatly with mine. He's really a centurist, rather than a Republican. What's more, he's got real personality. A working class boy from Brooklyn, he scrabbled his way to the top and has never let politics get in the way of what he believed in - like the time he ejected Yasser Arafat from the Lincoln Centre during a do for the United Nations.

    My experiences of America are actually quite limited. I really only know New York. But from what I know of New Yorkers, you could do a lot worse than a self-made kid from Brooklyn in the White House.

    It would be a delicious contrast to the last two terms. George W. Bush was born into spectacular wealth. Rudy's father was an ex con. I think Giuliani will bring a down to earth attitude to American politics that the Bush legacy could never match - despite Dubya's cowboy pretensions.

    I'd be very interested to hear what tickets you'll be backing for 2008. Please comment below.

2 comments:

  1. Preston says:

    So far, Rudy's the highest on my list. I just hope he sticks to his word and will leave 2A issues to the states.

  1. Preston says:

    You can delete this comment, but I do not have email for you, so it's the only way to send you this link I thought you might be interested in:

    Click here

Leave a Reply