• STABBED! For being ginger...

    Man stabbed over 'ginger hair'


    A 20-year-old man has been stabbed in the back after an argument over his ginger hair. Full story here.

    I've mentioned several times how having ginger hair places you in a very nasty situation. In this ridiculous country, you can't even enjoy a pint without some clod swaggering over to you and sneering: "Oi, Ginger."

    I've backed down from confrontations several times - but this shocking story reveals that I'm not the only person to have dealt with this curiously British racism.

    Surely that's what it is - racism. How come the attacker hasn't been jailed for committing a hate crime, like he would have been if he'd attacked somebody for being black or Asian?

1 comments:

  1. n/a says:

    You do have a point there. I'm a "strawberry blonde" myself, but at school that was close enough to being ginger to being abused for my hair colour.

    Sadly, society deems it all as a 'bit of a laugh' and 'no harm', that we shouldn't take it so seriously, but it does seem to be one of the few acceptable forms of abuse over how someone looks.

Leave a Reply